*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A walk, a meeting and toybox mayhem

Monday madness...with the weather being not so great, mornings outside are not the best idea, so that means we have to find enough entertainment inside to tire the kids out. That is really what most days consist of...me wearing myself out to tire three (most days four) kids out...I am always on the losing end of this. Anyways, today the kids found things in the house to occupy their time like daddy's motorcycle gloves...Doesn't Alex look tough in them...
or Liz getting good use out of all the sunglasses...I must say the best $1 I have spent. They have a blast with them.
Not only did Zach get use of the sunglasses, but he was making a meal for all of us too. I love that he picked the glasses that matched his outfit...lol.
When the little things start to fail we move onto bigger and better (aka messier) things like the toybox. Not only did it have to come out of its place but it had to be put in the middle of the room and completely emptied. Now the fun does not stop there, oh no...then we climb in and on it. It makes for a great toy...forget about all the toys in it...
They are thinking...'this is a nice hang out'...
After this picture was one of Zach with the cover back on the toybox and him standing on it...I know, I know...shocking, right?!?! LOL
I did come up with a great idea minutes before lunch and insisted it be done...taking the kids for a walk around the yard. Originally I was going to give them buckets to collect things but changed my mind when we became short on time. The key to keeping them all in line and listening while walking is giving them a job. It was their job to hold onto their handle on a piece of yarn. I took a piece of yard and about every 5 feet made a handle. Worked like a charm! This of course will only work until they figure out that holding onto the handle is not as much fun as running the yard in three different directions...

No comments: