*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yes, we are crazy!

My goal for this weekend was to get my Christmas cards ordered (yes I am WAY behind) and get the tree up. Like last year, we are only putting up the fake tree. We have had much discussion about placement of the tree. Last year we put it up in the living room as the kids were only crawling, so it was less of a danger to them and them to it. This year we discussed putting it in our family room where the kids do not have access to it. After thinking about it yesterday as I pulled the boxes out of the closets, I felt it was good to give the kids some exposure to the tree as we will be in the kids' granparents' homes where tree will be in the main area. So after much discussion we decided to put it in their play area...yup you read that right...it is in the play area WITHOUT a fence to protect it! The jail can no longer be effective as they just climb over it and putting it in the dining room would make things VERY cluttered. We do have a gate that can close off the living room if they are messing with it too much. Last night I was able to get all the branches shaped and in the stand. This morning they "met" the tree. It went well and as of right now we have had no problems. We will get the lights and ornaments on tonight and then tomorrow morning they will have even more things to check out. I will get a picture tomorrow morning of them meeting the "dressed" tree. It should be interesting!
Love, Jen

No comments: