*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

We are on the mend!

It is 3:28pm and we are on the mend. Yesterday went ok...all food stayed where it was put. I survived at work without falling asleep at the front desk (that would have been embarassing). Although the boys were not 100% they played and napped well for grandma. I was asleep (out cold asleep) on the couch by 9:30. The kids sleep well last night, so well that Alex barely moved from where he originally started from. Zach did wake during the night but I physically could not get myself up and out of bed. Luckily he settled himself (don't worry Jeremy would have gone in otherwise...lol). So far, knock on wood, Liz is free and clear from any symptoms as well as mommy and daddy. Zach is about 75% normal, but poor Alex is taking a beating.
This morning he did not look good or act good. I did speak with pediatrician and have a plan. This morning he insisted that ALL the blankets from his crib come downstairs with him including the big quilt that great grandma Lenzendorf made for him. After standing in the kitchen waiting for breakfast he just could not hold them anymore so I put him in his chair so it was easier to hold them. Well there was a MAJOR meltdown when I took the blankets so he could eat (I did see that coming but had no way to avoid it). Apparently the breakfast served was not what he wanted as he flung his plate and fork across the table, but no that was not good enough he grabbed the plate back and tipped it over so all the food fell off. So that was it, he ended up in the rocker with all his blankets...happy as a pig in mud. Due to a dehydation worry, I tried feeding him while he sat in the rocker. As you can see from the picture the "king" was happy with that.
The morning was not the fun fulled morning we usually have. Alex was quite worried about the blankets. Here is another picture of him in his saucer chair with all the blankets.
So as they eat lunch right now (yes late lunch but that is due to naps), Alex, who is at the table eating, is in much better spirits. We are working on pushing fluids and trying to avoid a doctor's visit. I must say I felt so helpless as a mother on Tuesday night as I am sure most mothers that have been through the flu with a child or children would agree. There is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do for them. At this young age they just don't understand what is happing and you can explain what to do but they don't understand....it is just the worst feeling. I definitely went into super-mommy mode doing whatever I needed to to help them. I have done more laundry in the last 48 hours than I care to talk about. But whatever I could do to help.
So it is now 3:58, kids are done eating and I have managed to slice my foot open (don't ask, just chalk it up to me being clumsy) and we keep truckin on getting better. I do have to say thanks to my mom for babysitting and opening herself up to illness as well as running over some Pedialyte this morning.
Love, Jen

No comments: