*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hungry Man

The idea for today's post came from a picture I took last night of Alex as well as the fact that a few posts back there was no picture of Alex. Here is the picture that I took of Alex last night...
...at dinner time we trade food between the kids depending on who is more interested in what food and most times Alex is the last one eating. So tonight I slid Zach's plate in front of Alex. Alex then helped himself to Zach's fork as well as food. So that is where the title comes for this post BUT little did I know what the night had in store for us and this is where things take a turn.
The kids went to sleep as normal. I was in the house alone as Jeremy was plowing us out from all the snow we received earlier in the day. About 1/2 hour after the kids were sleeping I heard Alex cough which seemed weird. He then started crying. I flew upstairs to see what was wrong. Well apparently he had come down with the flu. After "fixing" things I brought him downstairs just as Jeremy came in. As he headed upstairs to change Zach started crying out of the blue. He also came down with the flu. We then had both boys downstairs and a very watchful eye on Liz. After deciding to put them back into their cribs we headed to bed ourselves. At about 1:30 and after the third or fourth trip into the boys' room I decided to camp out there. They were getting up every 20-30 minutes. After a very long night with them I did get some sleep in my own bed for about 35 minutes. Unfortunately I will not be able to make up the sleep today as I have to go into work for the afternoon. Hopefully grandma still wants to babysit!
Love, Jen

No comments: