*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Snack Table, Closet, Hangers and more...

Weird title, eh? Well this post is a mixture of the many things that have gone on in our house in the last 48 hours.
On Tuesday while the kids and I were at the beach Roxy was at the doctor. No there is nothing wrong (thank goodness) she just needed to have her teeth cleaned. When I picked her up from the doctor she was very happy to see me. I knew she would be tired. Rewind for a moment...the kids got some money from Great Aunt Elaine for Christmas that we used towards some cute papasan chairs...unfortunately the kids were just too small for them to use. Fast forward to a few days ago...the kids have been very interested in climbing the dining room chairs...so out came the papasan chairs...they were a hit. Ok back to Roxy and being tired...so I had the chairs setup and Roxy jumped up into one and got comfy to rest a little. Do you think she likes her new home?!?!?

Yesterday Liz and Roxy had some funny moments together. First was in the morning, I had Liz's papasan chair folded down and Roxy thought it made a good bed. Liz thought it was funny that the dog was in her chair...
Then last night after dinner both Liz and Roxy needed to rest. This time Roxy shared her bed with Liz. Roxy does love the kids!!!

Yesterday was a long day on mommy, in fact one out of three was actually behaving. Mr. Alexander was a good little boy yesterday and was full of smiles for mommy to help make me feel better. How can you not love this little boy???
After the kids did so well coloring at Pizza Hut at the table, I decided that they needed to get a table. Fortunately I had picked one up at a rummage sale a while ago but it was outside (it is more of an outdoor table). So I decided to clean it up and bring it in. Something new in the play area is always an exciting time in our house. Of course there was the exploring period (which includes the temporary loss of hearing....FYI for future mom's of toddlers) and it lasted all day!!!

So not only is the table used for fun time but also snack time. If you have been around the kids for snack time you know that they have to sit before they can get their treat and stay sitting. They know the rule very well. So I threw them a curve ball when I put them at the table but they enjoyed it just as much (if not better) as the floor.
Can you hear them planning the next attack against mom and dad? Triplet meeting in progress....shhhhhh!!!
I'll trade you a Chees-it for an animal cracker.....
Mornings in our house start out in the kids' bedroom. Depending on when they wake up and how fast we get dressed, there is time left to play before heading downstairs for breakfast. The kids have recently realized they can let themselves into the closet. Not a big deal, only one shelf that I am trying to teach them to leave alone. They are good at re-arranging everything and are learning to watch fingers with the doors. Here Alex is trying to open the door to get out.
A few days ago they discovered my box of hangers. Hangers are soooo much better then toys (as I have said in the past, I have no clue why we have toys). This morning the hangers spilled out of the closet...looks like fun doesn't it?!?!?
Not only are hangers fun to pound on things or hit each other with but they make a nice accessory item...necklaces!!!


Well I hope you hae enjoyed this post. I was able to complete it start to finish while they are napping...holy cow!!! It is always interesting in our house, so who knows what will happen in the next 48 hours.
Love, Jen



No comments: