*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Our holiday weekend started out by taking the kids to the West Bend parade on Friday. What a waste of our time. It is NOT the parade I remember. My sister went to the Campbellsport and said it was excellent, so now we know where we will be going next year. The rest of the day was working...I cleaned the house top to bottom while Grandma watched the kids and Jeremy continued to work on the pond. We had our friends Dan, Tandi and Isabelle over for supper that night. No fireworks this year as it is past the kids bedtime not to mention the mosquito factor, so we chose to wait until next year. Not the most exciting 4th for us, but the house is completely clean (done in one day...that has not happened in a LONG time).
Saturday Jeremy was going to help my dad with baling hay, so I decided to take the kids over to their place right away in the morning and spend the whole day. So after breakfast I packed all of the stuff we needed up in the truck and headed over. The kids spent some time playing inside with Grandma's toys and then went down for their morning nap. After we ate lunch it was time to get wet!!! Grandma has Tuggy the Tugboat, which can be filled with sand or water. The kids had a good time. They dried off by playing int he front yard with Grandma's outdoor toys. After their afternoon nap (which was very late due to playing) we ate supper. It was a full table with Grandma and Grandpa, Great Uncle John, Uncle Willie and Auntie Jean and Alexis and us 5. Yes, four highchairs at one table! We headed home just in time for the kids to go to bed...they were exhausted!
Sunday was very similar to Saturday...another day of baling hay, so Jeremy went to help after breakfast. The kids took a nice long nap, so I got a few things while they slept. Once the woke, I got them ready to go grocery shopping with me and Grandma. By the time I got to Grandma's I decided to just have her watch them while I ran. Even though it is not fun time, it is a little alone time for me. I picked up a pool for them and the groceries, of course. After putting the groceries away, Roxy and I headed back out to the farm (Grandma's). The kids were playing outside when I got there. We proceeded to get wet again. This time it was with a small kiddy playarea (it is a very shallow pool with water that sprinkles around the edges. The kids had a blast again (as did Grandma)! After we got dried off and dressed, we headed home for a late afternoon nap. By the time I got them in the house, it was 4:45 (they normally nap at 3).
So that was our "water weekend". The kids are getting better with the water and now with a pool we will try to get out often. I have included pictures from Saturday. Enjoy!
Love, Jen
















No comments: