*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, May 16, 2008

The TV's in jail!!!

Today the kids are 15 months old...can you believe it!!! Well today they are 15 months old and the TV ended up in jail. What the heck am I talking about? Well let me explain...As many have asked me...so is it easier as the kids get older? My answer has been...it is just different challenges. On Monday I was challenged. The kids love climbing on the couch but cannot climb onto it without us removing a cushion. Well Monday that changed...Liz figured out how to remove the cushion so they could play on the couch. That in itself is not a big deal...the big deal is they can escape once they are on the couch. How did I figure this out? Well I washed Liz up after breakfast and brushed her teeth and put her in the play area. Next was Zachary...as I brought him to the play area there was little ole Liz sitting on the couch playing like it was totally normal for her to be there. So the brainstorming began Monday night. How are we going to contain them? The best thing for us to do was to get a gate for the doorway and put the jail around the TV and things to keep their hands off. So I finally found a gate and picked one up yesterday. So it was time to rearrange the living room last night. We moved things around at least twice, with not a good result. So this morning I rearranged the furniture for the final time. And the best arrangement was to put the TV in jail (see pictures below). So again it is neither good or bad that they are getting older, it is both. We are just put to a challenge every now and again. BTW, the kids are loving the new setup.
Love, Jen


1 comment:

Unknown said...

AAHHHH we can relate. We taped cardboard over all of the TV buttons so that Caleb couldn't figure out where the buttons were. Just wait until the figure out how to flush the toilet - and that they can flush THINGS down, too!
The Wondra's