*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, May 2, 2008

Uninterrupted

The kids have been "sleeping thru the night" since they were 4 months old (roughly). Let me clarify what "sleeping thru the night" means...to us it means they no longer needed to be fed during the night. It does not mean they don't wake up. During a night I can wake anywhere from 2 to 8+ times. It usually is not for long periods of time, normal to replace a nuk, lay someone back down, rub or pat a back or to cover them. There are the occassional longer periods to help someone fall back to sleep. If they are sick we are up more often.
So that brings me to what this post is about. We have recently have run into some issues with Zachary waking during the night; crying unconsolable. He would wake up about the same time each night. For a few nights in a row he ended up in our bed. If we were able to stay awake, we would then take him back to his crib. We finally started trying to break him of this habit. So for two nights in a row we let him cry it out (CIO). So last night or I should say early this morning I woke and looked at the clock. I was expecting it to be 1 or 2.....it was 4:38. I had to look at the clock twice. I then got up to check to see if the monitor was working. I was just so shocked that I had slept uninterrupted for that long. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I was back in bed....wide awake...ugh!!! So I am hoping that this trend will continue as mommy needs some rest. Hope you enjoyed my story.
Love, Jen

No comments: