*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Update 03/06/2007

Routines and schedules are very important when you have multiples. We are continuing to try to develop a routine while the kids are in the NICU. We have decided that we would visit every Monday, Wednesday and Friday together. Then on Tuesdays and Thursday only I would visit them, spending a chunk of the day with them.

So today was my first day driving and going down to the hospital alone. What a day it was!!!! Judy, one of our favorites, was the nurse taking care of all three. First we tended to Alex with his care and feeding. I then held him and read to him. He enjoyed the books a lot. He smiled many times while I read to him. After I was done with Alex I did Liz's care and feeding and held her. I also read to her. I believed she enjoyed it as well. After I was finished with Liz I was told that Zach was taken off his prongs (YIPPY!!!) and put on the cannula!!! Then the best news was that I got to "kangaroo" with him. We both enjoyed it A LOT!!! Talk about being excited.....but it got even better!!! I met with the lactation consultant to try Alex feeding on me. That little boy continues to be a star. Judy was very impressed with his performance. She was surprised at the amount he received and how well he did for it being his first time as well as being a preemie. Suck and swallow are two things they need to learn which usually start at week 34 and at this point they are less than 33 weeks old. So today's progress was great. Everyone is over 3# at this point. Things are going great for our little ones.

Sorry no pictures today, as it is difficult being by myself. The nurses are willing to take pictures but Judy and I were pretty busy for the 4 hours I was there. I will try better next time:)

Love, Jen

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Thanks for all the news. And such good news! If they all had the same nurse I would guess that means they are back together again. We have printed all the pictures posted and put them in a book to put right by Great Grandma's chair. She can pick up that book and look whenever she wants and for as long as she wants. There is lots of room to add pictures so she can continue to watch and enjoy the progress of Alex, Liz and Zach. Love to all!

WorkingMom said...

How exciting!!! Ok...tearing up a bit. I am so glad that you all are doing so well! I can't wait to see them again!!!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Jeremy - thank you for keeping up/sharing your blog. It is so wonderful to see the babies growing and doing so well! We can't wait to see them. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Sarah & Grover