*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Second Update 03/13/2007

After being at the hospital, I have a few updates. When I first showed up at the hospital Zach was being moved into the same room as Alex and Liz. Unfortunately he is not right next to them, but is much closer than before. His incubator is now in front of a window, so he is getting some natural light. He looked great. His color is getting better, which means he is starting to make red blood cells. His levels were low due to blood draws and not replacing the red blood cells fast enough. As a preemie they have a harder time making red blood cells, so it takes a little longer. I did his cares but did not hold him today. Alex was given his first bath. Next time we will be able to do the bath, this time was a 'demo'. He was wide awake the whole time. I think he really enjoyed it. I got to hold him for a little while before doing Liz's care. Liz had some tests run today to check out some lung/heart issues. We will know results tomorrow. I did her cares and then read to her while I held her. She is doing good in her open crib, keep good body temperature. Attached are the pictures for today. Enjoy:)

Love, Jen

Alex's 1st bath:


Alex is all clean:

Jen reading to Liz:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, these little ones are growing so well now. We're just so happy each time we look at this site, seeing their progress. They're filling out quite nicely and it's great that they're all in the same room now too. I bet you can't wait to give Alex his bath next time. I can't wait to see how Zachary's grown. And isn't Elizabeth so pretty. Love, Nana
PS. Hey, what a book to read to them. ha,ha

Elaine said...

Jen it looks like you are feeling better. Glad to see that. Aunt Elaine