*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It is potty-time!

When starting this posts I was going to say it was an exciting week but really the week was pretty ordinary. I watched Alexis a lot so the days flew by. The real excitement started Friday night and continued thru the weekend.
Friday night at bath time Alex started throwing a fit after supper and it continued thru the bath. The way he was acting was similar to a previous bath time in which he ended up being pulled from the bath in order to go to the bathroom. So thinking it was that again, I quickly washed him up, got him out and dried up. The kids potties are in the same bathroom so I pull him on the potty just "in case" he needed to go. I finished washing the others and everyone ended up on their potties. Zach was done sitting, so Jeremy got him dressed. Then Liz was done, so I got her dressed. All the while Alex sat patiently on the potty. When I finished dressing Liz I went to get Alex. I found him standing by the bathtub saying "mess, mess"...there was nothing by him, so I lookong in the potty. Low and behold, give the boy some peace and quiet and he used his potty. Can I tell you how excited I was?!?!?! I was thrilled!!! So thrilled I just had to tell someone...first I tried my sister...no answer, so onto my mom...she was thrilled too. I did finally get a hold of my sister so she could participate in the excitement.
Saturday morning we asked the kids if they wanted to try. Alex was up for trying as was Liz. Zach wanted nothing to do with them. Liz was acting very funny. Look like she was actually trying really hard to "go" but was goofing around at the same time. So I was unable to really tell what she was doing. Little Ms. Elizabeth was successful. All that pushing she was doing did produce two drops, so we are chalking that up to success. Again I made phone calls...I know I am a lunatic, but the thought of no more diapers can send someone to the loonie bin...lol.
Sunday morning was also exciting. Yup, you guessed it...on the potties again. Alex once again had success! I cannot express how proud of him I am...actually not just him...them all. They do an excellent job sitting and not playing. We don't have little naked ones running everywhere. Now who knows this could all change...lol!
Superbowl Sunday was really like an ordinary Sunday around here. Daddy watched the kids while I got some much needed things done. Although the Superbowl was on...we could not hear much of it. Plus we had to eat at halftime, so we did not see any of the halftime stuff. Since the Packers were not in it, I decided the kids and I would cheer on the underdogs, the Cardinals. So I dressed them all in some red for the day. Unfortunately our support did not help the Cardinals to a win but they were darn close!
Here are some various pictures from the last week. Enjoy!
Love, Jen
Liz riding the "horsey"...she is have absolutely no fun!
How can you not love that face?!?!
The boy have the belief that anything can be used as a chair...today we are using the bouncing balls for chairs. They work pretty god but require a lot of balance and paying attention.
Zach checking what's around the corner...
Alex goofy around with a burprag on his head...stay steady...don't fall off...
Alex and Zach trying to show what angels they are...
Balls are not the only thing good for a chair...what about our trucks... Alex and Zach both find them perfect for reading books...Sunday morning daddy watched Blue's Clues with the kids. The kids all decided to play with the Magna Doodles and they all wanted up and daddy's lap. Since it requires a little more room, daddy got on the floor. The kids used him as a back rest. Here they are watching Blue and doodling.
Here is what it looks like to have 3 kids & 3 doodles on one lap!
Sunday after supper the kids continued to play. This time the construction hats came out. Not just for one of them but for all of them. They also tried them on mommy and daddy. Fun game but can become dangerous as the kids cannot tell how hard they are putting htem on your head. I can't wait to see them with dress-up clothes. They are hilarious to watch with the hats!

My mom came over yesterday for a short time to watch the kids while I ran to the store quick. When I came home I found out they had learn something new. Nowadays this does not surprise me as they are VERY talkative, repeat pretty much everything and are constantly trying new things and using their imaginations. So what did Grandma teach them...how to be a choo-choo train. It is too funny. The kids had a blast doing it! Thanks Grandma!!!

No comments: