*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, February 13, 2009

A gentle reminder...

I must say that this week has gone so fast that I have had hardly anytime to keep the movie going in my head...it is obviously still there but just on pause. I am in final prep mode for the party tomorrow. The cakes are made and formed...now they need to be frosted. I will be so happy if they actually turn out like I envisioned them. The balloons are ordered and ready for pick up tomorrow morning. The house is cleaned....woo hoo! It has been a stressful week but it is all worth it. With a few things left to do tomorrow morning, we will be ready to rock! I cannot believe they are going to be two!
So the real reason for this post was to tell a funny story. I have plenty to do today to finish things up, so when this morning started with a laugh I am pretty confindent today will go well. The kids were all up by 7:30 this morning. I put them all in the boys' room to play. Since they were playing so nice I decided to go lay on my bed and rest for just a little bit. I have had many migraines in the last week due to the stress I put on myself for the party and other life stresses we are dealing with. So laying down just for a second before our day starts was something I needed. I could hear them playing and had to go in one time cuz someone was yelling 'no, no, no' but everything was ok. So I went back to my bed. I may have doozed off for a minute or so when I heard Liz screaming. This scream is the one she normally uses for when the boys steal a toy of hers. So I let her go for a bit so she can learn to work thru things. But it was not getting better so I went in. Here is the scene...Zach apparently climbed up on the shelves, next to the dresser. Then emptied the diapering basket on the dresser. The basket contains the diapers, lotion, butt paste, etc. The wipes sit in front of that basket. So Zach emptied the diapers (about 15 of them) and threw the wipes down to his cohorts in crime. They proceeded to empty the newly refilled wipe box. Zach focused on the butt paste. He had the open tube in his hand when I got there. Both hands were covered. Alex was still working with the wipes when I arrived. Liz apparently also worked with the butt paste. You may wonder what had her screaming...well when you play in butt paste and you get it on your hands it does not come off easily. She was ticked off that she had it on her hands. She keep pointing the one finger at my like 'mom do something...get it off'. She screamed until I got a washcloth and cleaned her up. I did not notice until I had her hands cleaned that she had used it elsewhere. Apparently our children know their routine very well. We put lotion on their faces every morning and night due to it being so dry. That lotion is kept in the basket. She thought that she had lotion. She applied it to her cheeks...very nicely I may add. I was amazed that she was not irritated by that. Maybe had I see that in the first place I would have run downstairs to get the camera but I thought it was just the hands so wanted to get her cleaned up to stop the screaming. So there is no photo proof. All I could do was laugh. The boys helped me put the wipes back in the box one by one. It is my own fault for leaving them. A gentle reminder that I have 3 two year olds...can they be trusted to be alone?!?!?
Hope you got a good laugh from this. There is always something goofy happening in this house. Hope you all have a good weekend and I will post birthday party pictures soon.
Love, Jen

No comments: