*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, February 9, 2009

It's official....

...we are potty training! Last week Thursday Liz officially went on the potty and this morning Zach went on the potty. So now all three have gone pottied on the potty! The are also beginning to request to sit on the potty. Is that a light I see? You know the one you normally see at the end of a tunnel...like the diaper tunnel...lol! Yet another challenge is upon us, let's see how we fair with this one. As with most other challenges, the benefits will be all worth it!
Two years ago today I was in labor & delivery being monitored for pre-term labor. I can remember exactly where I sat as I made the phone call to my perinatologist as well as packing a bag very quickly and saying goodbye to the dogs...thinking the whole time that I would be home later. Who knew that later would be a long time later. Who knew it was the beginning to the end of my pregnancy journey. What a journey it was...and you know what? I'd do it all over again...in a heartbeat!
I have a feeling that this week is going to be emotional for me. Probably more emotional than I was last year. I think that with the little extra time that I now have I am able to reflect more. I have the film playing in my head...replaying the bedrest, the delivery, the NICU, the firsts, etc. Playing like it was yesterday. I have caught myself a few times in the last week looking at the kids and just being amazed that I am lucky enough to be their mommy. My dream of being a mother not to just one but three AMAZING individuals! The frustrating days melted away with the smiles, the hugs, the kisses and the love...all times three! I could not ask for more and would do it all again!
Ok so this emotional mommy will try to stay on track and tell you about some things that happened over the weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful! Although a lot of the snow was melted by Saturday morning, we still took the kids out. They had yet to try their new shovel that they got for Christmas. So we went out found a good patch of snow and let them play. It was pretty wet so we only played for a little while. It felt great to be outside. The winter has just been too cold to do a lot of outside play. Here are some pictures from the morning...

Liz enjoying the nice weather and the white stuff too...and yes that is a boy snowsuit but if you remember the post about their first time out in the snow...she could not move to well...I had the extra snowsuit so why not use it...
Zach trying to figure out where to shovel first...
Alex wasted no time...started shoveling as soon as we hit the snow...
Daddy watching the kids play....
Daddy and the snow removers...
Yesterday, Sunday, my sister and I went to Costco to pick up a few things...one very important thing was diapers. Jeremy put the diapers away for me when I got home. Once the kids saw the box they wanted it...so daddy emptied all three boxes. The kids first played with them in the dining room part of the play area. They had fun changing box as well as having their afternoon juice.
I then told them if we picked up the play area we could play with them in the living room part of the play area and maybe watch an Elmo movie. After picking up, we moved the boxes...one by one they carried them in. I prepared the boxes for watching the movie. The kids loved it...oh and the movie too (well at least for the first 5 minutes that they watched.

After that first five minutes or so, we moved on to the next thing that boxes are good for...building and climbing.
This box of diapers was filled with more than just diapers...I got this handsome little boy! BTW, they played with the boxes right up until bedtime. Again I ask myself...we have toys why??? lol
We are all healthy again, so we will be going to play group this week and are looking forward to it as we all need to get out! I will probably do more post this week as their birthday approaches.
Love, Jen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We, too, are in the midst of potty-training. In a sense it is bittersweet - the last big part of babyhood will soon be done when you are done with diapers. Oh well, I know a great adoption agency...

Kris