*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day weekend started out with a day for daddy. For his birthday I secretly setup a day to brew beer with some of his guy friends (Marcus, Corey and Kevin). I gave him the full day. I made sure the only thing the guys had to worry about was making good beer! They all had a great time, which is the most important thing. Sometimes in our daily lives we end up in a rut and sometimes just need a nudge to get going again. To make us better parents we still need to do things that make us happy outside of the kids. Gives us a refresher. Thanks again to the guys and look forward to the next time.
Sunday was time to celebrate my dad's birthday which was August 31st. We packed up and headed to "cabin" on the lake...it is right in my parent's backyard. They finally got the pontoon boat in the water and enjoyed some fishing prior to the rain coming in.
Liz's first catch of the afternoon...
Auntie Jackie helping Zach fish on the pontoon boat...
The girls with Auntie Jean...
Liz trying to find the fish...
Alex stayed back on land as Grandpa took the others on the pontoon boat to find the fish further out...well we should have stayed with him as he kept catching fish while we found nothing!
Grandpa and Zach trying hard to find the fish...
Monday I worked at the clinic walking dogs. So it was just a day to catch up on projects and chores. It was a very nice long weekend!

No comments: