*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

So it has started...the kids' school career! Can't believe they are starting school already!!!
We have enrolled them in a 3k program. It is a local lutheran church that is only 5 minutes from our house. They have VERY reasonable tuition...in fact we were shocked when we were told how much it would be. The program is focused on preparing the kids for 4k, which is what kindergarten use to be. Kindergarten nowadays is not about naps, snacks, playtime and beginning to learn...it is about much more and that is why a lot of parents are choosing to hold back their kids until they are older to start.
So today was their first first day of school. Daddy went into work late to be able to enjoy this milestone with them. We did pictures of him with the kids and then he headed to work and I got the kids to school. We had an open house late last week to show the kids their classroom and to introduce them to their teacher, so they knew where they were going and were comfortable.
I must say I was not prepared for this day to go so smoothly. I think a lot of credit goes to having them in daycare. I know the open house helped as well as the excitement of going to school. I had absolutely no whining, crying, tantrums/fits, complaining...nothing, nothing but excitement.
They could not get to the school's door fast enough and then were super excited to find their hooks to hang their school bags. I had to ask for hugs as they started to walk away from me. Talk about making me feel great...the tears I shed were for my babies growing up. They make me so proud!
Alexander and daddy
Elizabeth and daddy
Zachary and daddy
Daddy with the crew
Alexander and mommy
Elizabeth and mommy
Zachary and mommy
Me and my babies
Zach and Liz running to the door...couldn't take pictures fast enough...Alex did walk beside me...
Not the greatest picture since they did not want to wait for me to get a nice one...
This is what they handed out to the mommies (and a few daddies) dropping off their kids...I scored three of these...lol.

No comments: