*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Surgery for Mommy...

So for months I have been having pain. At my annual appointment I discussed it with my doctor. I thought it was possibly endometriosis and she said that the location of the pain is normally associated with the appendix. Unfortunately I needed to rule out other things before surgery could be done for the endo. After all other things did not work, surgery was scheduled. It would the first time I would be completely put out.
So yesterday I got the call about the time I needed to be at the hospital....6AM! I was ok about the surgery until last night when I tucked my babies in. There are the horror stories you hear about, so it gets you thinking. I bawled after tucking them in. Mom came over to be there for the kids whe they woke. I cried when I hugged her before leaving. Jeremy took me to the hospital and kept me company while waiting for my time. I was asked a bazillion times what suregery I was having...not a bad thing, but can be a little annoying. The doctor came in and said she would be doing her part second due to a c-section she had to do. Then the anesthesiologist came in, ask me a few things, then asked if I had any questions...I told him he needs to make sure I wake up. While he was still in the room the general surgeon (who has 12 year old twin daughters) came in. So the anesthesiologist says to him 'ah, you are being upstaged...they have triplets'...lol. Soon after they all left they OR nurse came to get me...again the tears started flowing as I left Jeremy.
I will give all them that did a great job of distracting me. Here is how it went
first nurse 'you have triplets?!?!'
me 'yes'
first nurse 'wow, boy, girls?'
me '2 boys and a girl'
second nurse 'you have triplets?!?!'
me 'yup'
second nurse 'wow, boys, girls?'
me 'two boys and a girl'
third nurse 'you have triplets!?!?'
me 'yup'
third nurse 'wow, boys, girls?'
me 'two boys and a girl'
first nurse 'we need to get you a sign...lol'
Surgery went great. During recovery they got me back to Jeremy as quick as they could. I was home before naptime. I came home to a great welcome. The results are no endometriosis and an appendix that was starting to show signs of inflammation. So hopefully once I heal completely I will be pain-free.
The wonderful sign the kids and my mom made for me...there was also some homemade cards...
Watching for the car to come down the road...
Patiently waiting for me to walk thru the door...
The kids checking out my hospital bracelets...

No comments: