*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Some thing(s) up my sleeve...

Since it is our 10th anniversary I wanted it to be special. Unfortunately our plans of going back to Jamaica on our 10th could not happen. The first thing I had up my sleeve was planning a getaway for our anniversary. I started with some ideas which ended up taking us to Cedarburg (a whole 20 minutes from our house). I reserved a room at a B&B there. I did surprise Jeremy with it prior to going since it did require him to take a day off and I wanted his input for what we wanted to do with our 24 hours of kidless time. When we checked in the B&B and got to our room there was a bottle of wine and a card wishing us a happy anniversary. One of the things we did with our time was taking the winery tour. I am (or should say was) not a big fan of wine so I was a little concerned about how I would handle the wine tasting part of the tour. Low and behold...I LIKE wine! I was just tasting the ones I don't like. We also went thru the shops and ate at a great crepe place. Later we went to the local brewery , drank some good beer, then to a pizza place for homemade pizza. Funny thing is...we were in bed and sleeping by 10pm. The next morning we hit a few more shops after checking out, then stopped at the last covered bridge in Wisconsin and then headed home. Our 3 r's (reconnecting, romance and relaxing) did not end there. We knew the kids were going to nap at my parent's house, so we decided to take a motorcycle ride to get lunch. This little trip turned into going to an ice cream shop in Horicon. We pass it every time we make a trip to the other side of the state and say every time 'we need to stop there'. We beat some rain on the way home and headed to get our kiddos. Thanks to my parents for watching them so we could celebrate.

The other thing I had up my sleeve was in regards to Jeremy birthday present. He has worked so hard supporting this family that he deserves a little fun time too. So I contacted some of his friends that also brew beer and setup a "brew day". We also got him some beer kits to make either that day or before. I did end up making him a cake and making dinner for him. He was very happy and surprised that I did that. He really does deserve some guy time, so I was happy to do it. Happy Birthday honey!

I had a lot of fun figuring these surprises out and planning them. Looking forward to the next one!

No comments: