*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy 10th Anniversary

This day ten years ago I married my best friend. That day was perfect even though it rained. I never got one drop on me. We celebrated our union with our families and friends. Of course, the day went way too fast. That day I was so completely in love, who knew that I would be even more in love today!
For those that do not know how this little thing started let me take you down memory lane. Jeremy and I both attended UW-Platteville. We were both in fraternities. The first time that we met was at a fraternity banquet. It was a quick meeting and one not completely remembered...lol. Then a few months later we met again...this time in the bar. If I remember it correctly I approached him and asked if he remembered me. Then there was a meeting at my fraternity. I will never forget the day that I got the call. I was out the night before and stayed at a friend's apartment close to downtown. I got home the next morning extremely hungover. Listened to the message on the machine. It was him!!! He left only a partial phone #. I listened to the message about 10 times to make sure I was not missing the number. I proceeded to jump around my apartment like a lunatic. He did eventually call back and asked me over for a movie at his room in the fraternity house. I was on cloud nine! We watched Fargo. This was April 20th, 1998. We were dating even though both of us had the attitude of 'I will never find anyone' or 'will I ever find someone that won't hurt me'.
Jeremy graduated from college in May. He got a job in Macomb, IL. We did the long distance dating thing...saw each other on the weekends and talked on the phone daily. I then decided to move to Macomb and transfer to Western Illinois University. So the first time Jeremy met my parents was to tell them I was moving to Illinois with him. My poor daddy...he did the best thing he could...he walked away from the table we were sitting at. Although we did not make many people happy with this decision, it did work out for the best.
On July 3, 1998 Jeremy proposed to me in front of both of our families. Again on cloud nine! I moved to Illinois a few days later. Although our dating last a short amount of time, our engagement lasted two years. It could be considered love at first sight, we just knew we were meant to be together. The rest is history!
To my hubby...I love you so much. You make me smile and laugh. You have a great sense of humor, which has come in hand many times. You are loving, caring and tender. You have supported me thru some of my toughest days. You love me for who I am and accept who I am. You listening to me, even my long winded stories. You respect me. You can finish my sentences. I love you more everyday! I could not have ask for a better person to have by my side thru this crazy ride we call life.
Love,
Jen :)

1 comment:

Teri Strange said...

AWWWW!! That is a wonderful story!! YES you guys are WONDERFUL!! God HAS truly blessed you both!! ♥