*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the daddy out there. A special Happy Father's Day to Jeremy...thank you for being such a great husband and father. We love you LOTS!
Actual Father's DAy did not go so well in our household but you'll have that with three 3 yr olds. We did the best we could for the day, but it will not go down in the books as a great day for daddy. We were not even able to give him the card and presents...that is how bad it was....yikes! So we did a take two on Monday which turned out a LOT better! And then finally finished celebrating on Tuesday (the second gift came in the mail that day, that one is my fault for ordering it late). I guess it fits that it would take three days to completely celebrate, right?!?! LOL
Sunday morning did start out good, with breakfast made by me and the kids goofying around...here is Zach using daddy as a jungle gym...
We won't discuss what happened after that except to saw the kids did help daddy cut the lawn. One of their favorite activities. I think Zach would cut the grass every day if he could...lol.


Monday evening the kids gave their daddy his card and a shirt. Tuesday was the gift I was more concerned about. It was not exactly what I initially dream of, but turned out just fine and is actually something useful. I gathered all the pics of Jeremy and the kids since last Father's Day and picked 20 of them to put on a mouse pad. The pictures include him doing different activities with the kids like planting a tree, brewing beer, reading, wrestling, rocking in his chair, playing catch, walking in the woods, doing puzzles, picking out the xmas tree, introducing them to Santa, being at the county fair and the zoo, carving pumpkins, helping with yard work, sitting on the pier by the lake and pictures from our staycation last year. There were so many picture to choose from and I just loved going back and looking thru them all. I also found a poem which I wrote up on some card stock and made a little frame for it for his desk at work. I have included that below.
Walk a Little Slower Daddy
Walk a little slower, Daddy.
said a child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps
and don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
sometimes they're hard to see.
So walk a little slower Daddy,
for you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up,
you're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child
who'll want to follow me,
and I would want to lead just right,
and know that I was true.
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
for I must follow you!

Happy Father's Day honey! Thanks for leading our kids! You mean a lot to us all!
Love, Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poem is awesome. It came home on the gift Wyatt made at school for Kevin this year too :) Made me tear up when I read it and saw his "little" foot print they made in a sand mold with plaster of paris!!!