*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Here it is...

I apologize it has taken almost all week to get the pictures of the "new" boys' room on here, but I have a good excuse, Nana and Papa. They came to visit us. We had a wonderful time having them here. Papa helped Jeremy with some of the things on his to-do list. Nana got to spend time with the kiddos. I think (and hope) they had as good of a time as we did. Thanks for coming! So there is my excuse...lol.
This first picture is what the sleep plan was "suppose" to be...all mattresses in Liz's room...cozy, eh?
Here is what the sleep plan ended up being...no mattresses at all! It was hard to get an agreement but we finally just put everyone on the floor. They did well sleeping together. This picture was taken before we cleaned up the room, so it looks a lot better then the actually tornado look it had for the time that they were bunking together.
Zach giving a tour of his new room...they kept saying "new walls, mommy do"...
Drum roll please....................
Yellow wall...
Green wall....
Red wall....
and blue wall....
So I was going to pull some nursery pictures from earlier posts but got too caught up in my trip down memory lane, so there are pictures in some of the 2007 posts. All four walls were yellow with baby farm animal decor. I was able to redo their room for less than $50. Many of the decor items we had. We have sports themed twin bedding so that is what we did for wall hangings. We got a great primary colors lego table from our mailman and I picked up primary colored shelves at a rummage. We only needed to buy two paint colors and used supplies we already had. We did add red tab curtains to help darken the room for naps and bedtime. I have the two shelves to paint yet as they are currently silver, but it is done and I am very pleased with it. Red is a very difficult color to work with...ugh!
I also picked up a toddler bedding set from the resale shop. Was lucky enough to find TWO with the truck theme...so they now have big boy beds. I found a set for Liz at a rummage, so we are all big kids now.
The boys sharing Alex's bed...nice smiles for the camera...then...
we kick off the sheet and act goofy...lol!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. And hey, if you got some free time...take a trip down memory lane. What a journey it has been!
Love, Jen

No comments: