*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, June 1, 2009

Feeling great!

Ok it has only been a few days since the last post but again a lot of activity at the Lenzendorf household.
In the last post I told you about getting our garden ready. With rain in the forecast we bust butt after Jeremy got home from work on Tuesday to get it planted. This time we had 4 helpers for much of it until Jean picked Lexi up. The kids were not the most helpful especially when we were trying to get things done quickly. Zach wanted to help hoe...constantly! Here he is "helping" daddy...
He actually insisted that he touch/help daddy hoe the rows for the seeds. Very cute to watch!
Liz took the cleaner approach and played with the seed packs and mommy's pen...
And of course we had to take a finished picture. Here the kiddos are moments before we took them in...and no I did not wait for the perfect shop...meltdowns were moments away...lol.
Thursday the four kids had a blast dressing up in the morning. Here is Alex sporting one of Liz's rainboots with his winter hat and mittens...
Liz is sporting her other rainboot (on the wrong foot) with the newest treasure from the bank as a necklace (those bag have since been taken away for not using them correctly).
Lexi is going for the summer/winter look with one of the boys summer hats and two different gloves. I think she gets her stylish looks from her daddy cuz Jean sure the heck would not be caught looking like this...lol!
Zach took the Mr. Cool route with putting his Cars cap on and acompanied it with one of Liz's rainboots. Is there any other way to ride the inch worm?!?!?
Shortly after those pictures were taken, mom and I took them rummaging...and no they did not get to wear any of their cool accessories. We only made it to one rummage but the kids loved it as the woman had setup a play area for kids and watched the kids while we shopped....how perfect. Both mom and I went back by ourselves.
Friday was a busy day...lots of firsts. In the afternoon I decided to take the kids to the front of the house. My biggest fear is the very busy road and the idiots that pull in our driveway at highway speeds (ok maybe it is not that fast but it is fast for being in a driveway). Anyways, I decided to get the chalk out, brought the tricycles from the playyard and grabbed one of the bikes from the garage.
This is the first time the kids have played with chalk. They liked being able to color outside. I helped them by writing their names. Coloring with chalk did not last long (as I expecting with being in a "new" area).

Another reason it did not last long is daddy came home. There was no holding the kids back once daddy pulled in. They are in a full sprint to get to him...do you think they missed him?!?! Even Roxy is pulling hard to get to him.
Here is Alex taking a break by sitting on my decorative planter.
Here are the boys working on their pedalling skills.
After they got sick of the bikes and boundaries they walk over to the Catalpa tree we cut down last summer. I tried to get a picture of them in the trunk last year but Liz was not having it, that was not the case on Friday...they were having a blast playing.
They are having absolutely no fun what so ever!
So even though it was a bit nerve wrecking for mommy (esp with all the 5 o'clock traffic) the kids did great with the boundaries and playing in the front. So we will do it more often so they get use to it.

Saturday morning the kids, Jean, Alexis, mom and me headed to some rummages. Even though the kids were not the best behaved we did manage to find some deals. After we got home, it was time to unload the treasures. Unfortunately Liz took a digger...so she currently has some road rash on her forehead. After a nap they helped me clean as were going to have company (which unfortunately did not happen).
Sunday was a fun-filled day. Daddy played with them in the playyard in the moring while I finished cleaning the upstairs. Then after nap it was outside immediately. Jeremy was working on cleaning the trees up in order to put mulch down and I worked on planting the annuals. The kids worked with daddy in the back yard as I finished in the front yard. Once I got done I brought "daddy's tractor" to the back yard. The kids went to work on it from there.

Once daddy started putting mulch down the kids were needed as helpers. They each had their own bucket and were told where to dump it. On their way to one tree they stopped at the firepit to check it out.
Here they are helping...
Once I finished planting I headed inside to quickly make supper. Jeremy kept the kids working, back and forth from the truck to the pond garden. Once supper was within minutes of being done I called them in...it was 7pm! Once they were washed up we started to melt, so Jeremy distracted them with telling them to play with Roxy. Some how these tired, dirty kids found enough energy to play. First the boys played tug of war and eventually it was all three. I did get this on video and if I ever figure out how to load video on here I will. Here are some still photos. Roxy loved every minute of this.


So the title of this post is about how I feel. On Friday I finally got the ring that the kids and Jeremy got me for Mother's Day (it was backordered). I tried desperately to take a picture of it this morning without success. It is three rings, each one has a kid's name on it. They are all connected. Since it is smooth (compared to my wedding ring) I can where it all the time. I absolutely LOVE it! The other reason I am feeling great is some of the things we were able to complete this weekend. Not only does it feel great to get ALL the vacuuming done with in 24hrs but some of the other cleaning as well. Normally it is done bits and pieces. And then Sunday we got things done that have not been done for 2 years. It feels great to have my flower boxes planted and up! It feels even better to have my pond garden done...fish out, pond plants are in, solar lights are out, decorative things are out, garden is weeded (thanks to Jeremy), annuals are plants and mulch is down! It feels great!!! It was so nice to look out the windows this morning and see flowers and to have te kids see them and point them out to me. Tomorrow I am taking a little me time to learn something new. The week is starting out great!
Hope you have enjoyed the pictures and my babbling.
Love, Jen

No comments: