*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

1 sick mommy + 3 sick kids=

...a not so happy household and a mommy that is now behind trying to catch up. I had a bunch of posts that I intended being up on the blog last week, but it did not happen. So make sure you look back to the older posts. Today's post will catch me up as well as be the last one until after Memorial day as we have our rummage sale...so that is where my "extra" time will go.
Last week on one of the beautiful days we had, I had four kids refuse to eat lunch until they were allowed to go outside. Isn't great that they can talk?!?!? So outside we went...allow though it was VERY close to naptime they found enough energy to play while I made lunch. Here is what the lunch scene looked like...


I went to a rummage sale just up the road from here on Thursday night. One of the treasures we found was a dust buster (toy). There were two so Jean took one and I took one. Let's just say the kids LOVE it! Here are the boys using it and the vacuum...not the most conventional place to use it but hey cleaning is cleaning...
Jeremy also got a chance last week to put the "playhouse" into the playyard. The kids love ringing the bell and going down the slide on their tummies. It also makes a perfect place for snack time. Here are some of the pictures...



Saturday morning we took the plunge and took the cribs down. We did it before we went downstairs for the morning so the kids could get "use" to the idea of big kid beds...maybe making naptime easier. This time daddy had three helpers...putting the cribs up took a lot less time. We have since moved how the boys beds are since I took this picture...they are now parellel to each other. After the boys cribs were down Liz ran to her room saying my turn, my turn. Another bittersweet moment...
Auntie Jackie spent the weekend with us, which we loved having her here. The kids liked seeing her. They also played with her...here they all are taking turn putting "lotion" on her...


Roxy also enjoyed Jackie being here...she LOVES her. Roxy did not get much sleep while Jackie was here cause she was guarding her room. As you can see Roxy was quite depressed when Jackie left on Monday...
The three reasons she is depressed...Libby, Inky and Joe...
Here daddy is going thru the photo flip book that the kids have...everyone want to be the one to turn the page...
Our girlie girl...trying on the baby doll clothes...actually happens to be an outfit that Liz wore..now she can only wear it as a hat...lol
is she too cute or what?!?!?
Well I am now officially caught up. Hope you have enjoyed all the posts and pictures. Will tell you a little funny story before I go...since the kids are sick...nights are long...so last night when Alex woke, he also woke Zach...so I decided to give Jeremy the bed and go sleep in the boys room with them...turned into a little slumber party...Liz ended up joining us...then daddy took Zach...when daddy had to go to work he brought Zach back in...so Alex was in his bed...Liz was in Zach's bed...Zach and I were on the floor...what a slumber party! lol
Love, Jen

No comments: