*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A long weekend....

Our weekend did not start out the way anyone would want to start one. We found out Friday afternoon that grandpa, my dad, needed emergency surgery. He had developed an infection in his shoulder and it needed to be "fixed" right away. Friday night I spent about 4 hours in the hospital. His surgery started an hour and a half late, which made it a long night for all of us. I had to work Saturday morning, so I did not like hearing my alarm go off a short time after I set it. Surgery went well, so it made sleeping a little easier for me. Work on Saturday was busy so that helped me stay awake. After getting home from work I had to make a couple of things to take with us to a friends' house. We stayed at their house until the kids' bedtime and then went home and tucked them in and me on the couch (Jeremy went back to their house). I was out like a light! Sunday we hoped to go visit grandpa but the weather was just plain icky. After talking with my dad we decided to stay home. He was still pretty "out of it" anyways. Yesterday afternoon we did finally make it to visit. Grandpa was doing MUCH better, even tried sharing his ice cream with the kids. They did a good job at the hospital...no wires or tubes were pulled or buttons pushed. We had some issue with the elevator, which we will have to work on, but it was nice to see him in a lot less pain. He is to be released today so I will try to get the kids out there later this week to see him again.
Even though we have had some no so great things happening, the great pictures keep coming. Here are a few from the weekend. Enjoy!
Jen
Daddy's lap is always the best place to play...it is just REALLY crowded! Zach is really hamming it up in this picture.
Mommy is trying to convince Liz to crinkle her nose too.
After emptying the chest of shoes, hats and mittens the kids came into the living room with their "treasure"....blaze orange hunting hat. They all took turns trying it on.


Last night after seeing grandpa we stopped at Papa Murphy's to get a pizza due to it being late. To keep the kids entertained and help them forget they are hungry daddy let them play with some paper towel rolls. They were allowed to keep them until someone got their opened. Zach did eventually get his opened, just as dinner was being served. At one point Liz sat down on Roxy's bed to work on hers as you can see in this picture the boys followed her...
Can you tell Roxy is really happy about sharing her bed?!?!?
Last night was also bath night so Jeremy got them ready whiel I cleaned up. One by one they came running into the kitchen. I swear you undress these kids and they go crazy. It is a lot of giggling and running around and wrestling. They decided to do a monkey pile in the kitchen as I was washing the counters....crazy I tell ya!
This morning Jean stopped by with Lexi for a little play time. At one point I asked where was Roxy, she is normally on the couch by me. After looking for a little bit we found her in the kids' house, sleeping on Scooby. Really I think she just wanted to stay away from the 4 crazy kids and no one was using the house, so it made for a great hiding place. (Don't blame her!)

1 comment:

WorkingMom said...

glad to hear your dad is doing better! I need to see those kiddos!!! We should plan some Monday to get together.
Heather