*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tough week

After having a week with daddy, the kids had to adjust to him going back to work. This week he also had to travel so we went one day of him back to work and then the kids did not see him for almost three days. It is tough on them but I told them where he was and let them talk to him on the phone. On Wednesday morning Zach got done eating his breakfast and quicly headed to the breezeway. Soon he returned to the kitchen with one of the pictures...and pointed out daddy. Kinda breaks your heart, but it settled him to just see him.
The other tough part of this week was taking the kids to daycare for the first time. The first time non-family members to watch them. We are calling it school. Tuesday was the first time. Since the kids had never been there I decided to stay a bit to get them comfortable. Finally after 1 1/2 hrsI decided to leave. I snuck out as the kids were not to willing to have me leave. I was only gone for 45 minutes. As I left I could here the boys crying. I teared up as drove away but knew I'd be back soon and that this was a good ting to do. I did fine until I came back and walked in the room and was attacked by our kids all three at this point crying...it took all I had to put a brave face on. They did say they had fun and want to do it again. So I start to hype it up and tell them mommy will ALWAYS come back. Thursday morning came and we were all excited to go to school. I let them take their little backpacks with a favorite thing. We were great until we got to their classroom. This time the teacher took the kids and started working on redirecting them, so I left right away...I barely got to the truck before losing it. Bawled like a baby, felt like the worst mother in the world....of course called my mother to help me thru it. Even though I wanted to go back for them early, I waited out the full 2 1/2 hours...walked in to no crying and kids that had a great time. I guess mommy had a harder second day then they did, what was I so worried about. As I have been told, it will get easier for them and me...it is quite the change for us. I am hoping next week will continue to go smoothly. Here are the kids Tuesday morning before leaving for our first time at "school"...are they cute or what?!?!?


No comments: