*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Rummage Sale, Tongue Piercing, Family Trip

So the title might have you wondering about what is going on around here!!!
Well first I wanted to let everyone know how the rummage sale went. It went much better than I anticipated; sold a lot more and made a lot more. The rummage started on Friday morning at 8. While we (my mom and I) were finishing setting up Thursday night, we had two different people stop to ask about stuff we had. I had told them both that I would be ready to go by 7:30 the next morning so if they wanted to come early I would be there. Well when I walked out our front door at 7:30 I was met with four different people wanting to get in. I barely got the door unlocked/opened and the lights on and they were already gathering things to buy. Friday flew by, we did not sit down much (actually only for lunch, I think). I had a lady that bought 3 garbage bags of clothing and blankets for a church mission; another lady bought a bunch to send to Honduras; a lady starting a in home daycare (who lives by the airport in Milwaukee, which is quite a drive) that bought a bunch of the larger items; I met a triplet mom-to-be; and a nanny for triplets. It was an exciting day and the kids slept great as they had quite a lot of things to watch during the day. Saturday was a LOT slower but still sold a little more. All the money we made from the rummage is going into college funds for the kids. We are happy to get them start...only one year late so we have some catching up to do. :)
So you may be wondering who got their tongue pierced. Well no one really, but Zachary did attempt to. I was cleaning up after supper one night, Jeremy was working in the yard and the kids were playing in their play area. Zachary decided that the toy box just had to be moved, so he moved it. While he was showing off he caught his chin on the back of it and put his tooth thru (not all the way) his tongue. He starting screaming bloody murder so I ran in to find blood pouring from his mouth. I swooped him up and shoved the paper towel I had into his mouth to figure out what was bleeding. The windows were open so I start screaming to Jeremy that I needed help. Needless to say the bleeding stopped and he went back to playing as if nothing had happened. You can still see the cut but it is healing. He is our bruiser!!!
Finally, our first family trip. We had planned on taking the family on our first trip together. There is a fraternity event happening in Platteville that the whole family has been invited to this weekend. I made hotel reservations for the whole family including the dog. Unfortunately, we all have fallen ill....again! So our plans changed. Jeremy is still going and I am staying home with the kiddos. I had looked forward to the getaway but it just is not worth getting others sick or for the kids to get more sick. So we will wait until we plan our first family vacation this summer.
Well that is it for now. March pictures will be the next post.
Love, Jen

No comments: