*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Results

So we are back from our little trip. We had high expectations for the trip. Unfortunately, things fell a little short of what we expected but we made the best of the situation. So where did we go? Well not too far...only to Janesville which is approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from here. There were very few B&Bs in the area, so the one we settled on was the Scarlett House Bed & Breakfast. It only had three rooms to choose from so we chose one of the suites. The only thing I will say about the B&B is that we have been spoiled by the previous two B&Bs we have stayed at. We got there Friday afternoon, got checked in and settled and then went to check out the downtown area. We hit one antique store and then head to a bar. After a couple drinks, we found a place to eat supper. If you did not know, Jeremy and I are big fans of pizza. So we had found Lisa's Pizzaria. Not knowing if it was a good place or not we set out to find it. It was very good! After picking up some snacks and beverages, we headed back to our room. We could barely keep our eyes open past 9 o'clock....how pathetic!!! Saturday started out with a delicious breakfast. Our plans for the day were to hit the anitque mall, then go to the Gray's Brewery and head to Milton. Well our plan quickly went down the toilet. The 'antique mall' was anything but a 'mall' and the brewery was closed. So back to the room we went. After discussing our options we decided to continue on to the Harley store, where we picked up some shirts for the kids, and to continue on to Milton and make the best of the day. After lunch, we headed out of town to Milton. There were two antique stores that we were going to check out and maybe do some sightseeing as Milton is a very historic town. Well the 1st antique store we went to was huge. We found many treasures and ended up being there until closing time. On the way back to the B&B we went past 2 pizza places. When it was time to eat dinner I called the 1st place but the phone was busy so I called the 2nd place, Tony and Maria's Pizzaria. We ordered the pizza and waited the hour before going and picking it up. OMG!!! The pizza was GREAT!!! The pizzaria was a small little building...enough room for the three workers and the ovens...just a little counter to pay at...and one chair for waiting. We were both glad the 1st place had a busy phone. Again we were falling asleep by 9pm. Sunday morning we had another good breakfast. After breakfast we got ready and headed home.
As difficult as it was to leave the kids on Friday, it was a much needed break. I cried when I said goodbye to them...could barely say 'I love you' to them as I was trying not to becoming a bawling idiot. It was hard not to call every minute to see what they were doing. They were on my mind A LOT. I only called 3 times, which I thought was pretty good. Oh it was so great to see them on Sunday. If I could have I probably would have jumped out of the car prior to Jeremy parking it, but I did not. I got out as fast as I could, got in the house, took of my shoes, quickly said hi to Baylee, and got into the play area as fast as I could. I grabbed the three of them up and gave them all a great big hug. Although they were happy to see us they were a little pre-occupied with playing.
How did my parents do? GREAT!!! They did a fabulous job. Although mom was a little tired on Sunday, she said she'd do it again. They had a great time with them as did the kids with them.
All went well, so there will be future getaways. Now on to our next adventure...today we will be going to the clinic I work at to introduce the kids (in person) to my co-workers and boss, then maybe going to Walgreen to pick up Baylee's prescription.
Sorry so long...I tried to condense it...but it still was long.
Love, Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! Sounds like your "adventure" was successful-Did Jeremy get to a brewery? I went to the Sprecker's brewery last month- that was fun!! Christopher turned 21 yesterday!! He'll probably be visiting his share of breweries now... That is great that you only called 3 times & your parents did so well!! How fun is that! When is the outdoor party for the trips? Your stories are great-thanks for sharing the "Life & Times of the Lenzendorf Famly!"
Love ya, Teri S