*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, February 4, 2008

sick kid x 3 + lack of sleep = no fun

As of last week Wednesday they kids have been sick. Thought it was just a regular cold but it has turned into much more - horrible cough, runny nose, congestion, very irritable, etc. They were looking pretty awful on Friday, so I decided to take them in to see the pediatrician. Thanks to my mom for helping me get them there. Thankfully it is not RSV. The doctor did hear some crackling in Zachary's lungs so he was put on steroids to help him breath. At that point Elizabeth and Alexander's lungs were fine. We were told that if their cough got any worse or they started breathing fast and shallow, they would need to be put on steroids as well. By Saturday afternoon all three were on steroids.
Needless to say, we are exhausted!!! Wednesday and Thursday I slept in the recliner with Zach and Liz. They spent most of the time taking turns crying because of their cough or because they could not breath. Friday night Jeremy slept in the recliner with Alex and Zach. With the same taking turns crying. Saturday morning I had to work so Jeremy was on his own. When I got home I heard about the lack of sleep the kids were getting.
Part of the schedule went like this:
9:10 put Alex upstairs for a nap
9:20 put Liz upstairs for a nap
9:30 put Zach upstairs for a nap
9:45 Alex is awake
10:15 Alex is sleeping again but downstairs in the recliner with dad
After I got home, there was a lot of holding and rocking. It is really a two person job, better to even have three people, but we made due. Sunday we had my mom come over to help. She was here all day holding sick babies and helping with some chores that needed to be done. We cannot thank her enough. So today I am on my own again. We have had our ups and downs but we are surviving.
Recently we gave all but one corner of the living room to the kids, so today I made "Camp Feel Better" for them. Knowing I was not going to be able to cuddle with all three of them I took a comforter, folded it in half, covered it will a fleece sheet and made little sleeping areas for each of them. I took some pictures to show you how we are enjoying our day. As you can see I do have a helper, Baylee.
So I will close this for now or it will never get posted.
Love, Jen
The trio taking a early morning nap

We have a little energy now, so we are playing.

Got Liz and Alex to sleep, Baylee is keeping Zach's spot warm.

1 comment:

WorkingMom said...

My heart goes out to you!!! I am dealing with 1 sick one and that is enough for me! Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon!
~Heather