*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Party

So we threw our first birthday party for the triplet's birthday. The party was on the smaller size but was still a house full. I decided to do a themed party, so I went with Baby Einstein. We had decorations, balloons and a cake. We had plenty of food and cake. The kids did GREAT! Unfortunately the party was during their nap time, so we were not sure what type of attitudes we would have. Thankfully they were fine. We ate first, then opened presents and finally enjoyed some cake. We have many, many pictures (I know...shocking...right?). We all had such a good time and thank everyone for making their BIG day a success. So here are the pictures...enjoy!
For the triplets BIG day I made onesies that say 'I turn one today!' Prior to opening presents we took a quick family pictures. What a wonderful day!!!

On Friday, the 15th, we got a delivery from the local florist. My very good friend Heather and her family had sent the triplets some very colorful balloons for their birthday. They love them! Heather was the last visitor I had while I was pregnant. She had brought me Culver's to eat and sat with me chatting while I started going into labor that would end up putting me in labor and delivery and ultimately an emergency c-section. After we delivered the triplets, I called my sister and then called Heather.....yes in the middle of the night....that is what friends are for!!!
As some of you may know, I was going to tackle making a 3D cake for the party. My inspiration was Frank, the Baby Einstein catapillar. So after two practice cakes I knew how I was going to do it. I think it turned out ok.....what do you think?

In this picture Frank is in the front and the cake is in the back on the stove.
The finished product....
I had order themed decorations from the internet, simple and tasteful. Not a whole lot, but enough to have a nice effect.

We were able to get pictures of 4 out of 6 godparents: 1st Jackie & Zach, 2nd Jeanne & Liz, 2rd Marcus & Liz, and 4th Jean and Alex.
Here are some candid shots from the party.
Steve (Grover), who is Alex's godfather, and Sarah on the floor playing with the kids.
Renee and Brianna having fun with Zach.
Fred, who is Zach's godparent, Noel and Owen looking over the play area...thinking about jumping in.
Auntie Jean with cousin Alexis having a snack.

Liz and Sarah bonding.
Alex playing while the adults eat.
Zach playing and checking what everyone is eating.
Alexis, who turns one on March 1st got 'wrapped' up in the wrapping paper.
After everyone got some lunch to eat we decided to open presents. With the help of Nana and Grandma we managed to open all the presents including their first outdoor toy...a castle. The kids did get to rest a bit while we opened present, no one fell alseep but they were more on the quiet side.








We put the plastic bibs on and felt hats and we were ready to eat some cake. We gave them each a cupcake with #1 candle. Each of them took the candle off first and cleaned the frosting off, then it was time for the cupcake. Even though they were tired, they did a good job eating cake for the first time. Alex was very careful and 'clean' with his cake. Liz and Zach really ejoyed getting it everywhere. They all liked the cake and were relatively clean.



Alexander ready to eat cake!!!





Elizabeth ready to eat cake!!!





Zachary ready to eat cake!!





I hope you have enjoyed the pictures.

Love, Jen

No comments: