*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Alexander, Elizabeth and Zachary!!!

OMG!!! Can you believe they are one?!?!?!? What an amazing first year of life! I don't even know where to start.....I guess their birth. What an awful feeling to have when your children enter this world 10 weeks early, you feel like you have failed them, but you hope they have the fight to live. Luckily our three miracles did. They fought hard! I am still bitter about not being able to hold them right away and to leave the hospital empty handed (even though it was the best place for them). Ask any mother, I would think they would agree that being able to have that intial bond is very important. The first 2 months of their lives were not conventional at all. Thank goodness we had an uneventful NICU stay and the great nurses that care for them. Two things that helped having our babies an hour away from us. After they were all home, it has been one adventure after another. Some days more hectic than others, but every day is worth it. They have taught me SO much -not only about them but about myself. They completely amaze me - from watching them learn to watching them do something for the first time. This first year has been filled with so much - learning to sit up, crawl, pull up, walking assisted, hold their own bottles, babbling/talking, smile, etc. etc. They have been relatively healthy, thank goodness. I have taken thousand of pictures to remember each and every moment. We have video of them doing such cute things. If I could bottle this past year up I would.
Even though this event is emotional for me, it is the biggest milestone so far. I know we cannot keep them small forever as them growing up is development, which is so important. Since they have entered our lives, things have not been 'normal' and, honestly, we would not want them to be normal. Our lives pre-triplets is quite a blur. We cannot imagine life without them. I will speak for both of us and say we are honored to be their parents.
Happy 1st Birthday to our miracles! We love you more than words can say. Thank you for making our lives complete.
Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen & Jeremy!
You 5 are very amazing!! I am so HAPPY for you and your family!! You are REALLY terrific parents & those babies are so luck to have been born to such wonderful parents! We are ALL blessed to have been touched by you and your 3 miracles. God has truly blessed you-you can GIVE HIM the glory!!
Lots of Love, Teri S