*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, October 22, 2007

Quick update

Here is a quick update on how the trips are doing. We have quite the hectic past few days.

As some of you may know, we went back to St. Joseph (where the kids were in the NICU) for their first check-up. They are part of a program called Stepping Stones. They need to go for check-up at 6 months, 12 months, and 18 months corrected age. At this visit they were checked over by a physical therapist, a nurse and a neonatologist. Zach and Liz did great for the visit but since Alex has a little bit of stranger anxiety, he had a harder time with all the people. But all in all it was not bad. I did not write down their lengths but will get a copy of the report, but I believe they are all about 27" or more. I don't think anyone was 28". I do remember their weights: Alex weighed 16#14oz; Liz weighed 15#0.6oz; Zach weighed 16#9oz. So Alex is back in the lead. We have some physical therapy to work on with all of them but nothing serious at this point. At the next visit we will be seen again but physical therapist, nurse, speech therapist and neonatologist.

While we were at the hospital we visited the NICU. All the kids' primaries nurses were working. When we got to the NICU it was feeding time for the kids so we fed them and then visited with the nurses. We took a few pictures. Unfortunately Alex fell asleep so Judy was unable to hold him. Right now the NICU has two more sets of triplets there as well as a soon-to-be mother of triplets on bed rest (we got to meet her while we were there). We also visited my nurse Nancy. It was nice to see everyone again, especially since they are a big part of our lives. All the nurses were impressed by the kids.

Jeremy took the whole day off, so I was able to run some errands while he watched the kids. I picked up highchairs for them. Hopefully this will make feeding solids a little easier. I also stop by the local kids resale shop and got some toys for them. It was nice to get out.

Unfortunately the kids are STILL trying to fight off their colds. By Thursday night we started a whirlwind of events. Zach had an extremely high fever (103.9). After speaking with the pediatrician office we made an appointment to be seen Friday. Unfortunately we could not find a sitter to watch the other two, so Jeremy took another day off. Turns out he has an ear infection. We got some meds and home we went. Then Friday night Alex and Liz had a fever. Saturday while I was at work Jeremy called the pediatrician and was told to see if we could get the fevers to break and if not to take them to Urgent Care on Sunday. Sunday morning they still had fevers and so off to Urgent Care. Liz also has an ear infection, but Alex is fine. Then last night, Liz spike a fever at 104.4 and became very lethagic so I paged the pediatrician on call. Fortunately after eating she perked up a little. So we have been dealing with some EXTREMELY crabby kids. They cry unconsolably for hours on end, can't breath because they are congested, don't eat great because of the ears and congestion, schedule that is all messed up and parents that have not been getting hardly any sleep. So their little immune systems are getting a work out. So if we have not returned calls or emails or have been short with anyone - this is why. The three of them are putting us to the test every minute of the day. We are working our way thru it, I think.

Well I am going to end here as I would like to try to get something done prior to them waking from their nap. The house is a bit turned upside down, so I am trying to put it back upright. I will try to get the next group of pics on here sometime this week, so stay tuned. :)

Love, Jen
Judy and Alex
Joanne and Liz

Gwen and Zach

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Poor babies, hope all are back to normal soon. You made it through those first weeks of them being home and you will make it through this too. Remember that I am available. I might not meet the needs of the babies but I can vacuum. dust, laundry, etc.

Unknown said...

It's great to read how the trips are doing. I'm so sorry about the colds and EI's - I hated those days. We love your updates!

The Wondra's