*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Long Overdue Update

This post is long over due. I started this post about two weeks ago and did not get very far. To complete this post is my goal for today. Considering I started it at 10:10am and have only made it this far and it is now 1:30pm, I think I may be in trouble. Kids are a little fussy today. Anyways, there are a lot of things I would like to put in this so I will try to keep it organized and try to remember all the stuff.

The biggest thing that has happened since our last update was the triplets 6 month check up. Unfortunately we did not get in to the pediatrician until they were 7 months old. I learned a very important lesson….make the next appointment before you leave the pediatrician’s office. It is a little difficult to get three appointments in a row especially during August – right before school starts. Here are some main points from the appointment. Alexander weighs 15#8oz. and 27 1/2” long. He has a tight muscle in his neck that is causing a head tilt. We will do some exercises with him to help loosen the muscle. Elizabeth weighs 14# 2oz. and is 26 1/4” long. She still has the poorest muscle tone of the three. She is still being seen by a physical therapist every other week. She is progressing which is good. Zachary weighs 15# 10oz and is 27 1/4" long. Yes our smallest is now the biggest. He has not stopped once he decided to ‘turn the corner’ in the NICU. His feet are straight now, which was a concern at the last appointment. We worked with him to help correct the problem. We will need to continue to work with him because his ankles are tight. All got their shots and did pretty well. The doctor was quite impressed by their progress/growth. We told her our schedule and she was very impressed by that as well. She said we will reap the benefits of giving them structure.

Flu season is approaching, so we will be getting the flu shots for the trips as well as ourselves. This also means that RSV season will be starting. After talking with the pediatrician, the trips may not qualify for the Synagis shots. This shot helps them fight RSV if they were to get it. There are guidelines that the trips would have to fall into to get insurance to cover it. Due to the cost, it is something that we would only do if insurance does cover it. It is $1500 per kid per month starting November thru April, which is $27,000.

Other things that the triplets have done since the last post: trip to Costco, spent the night at Grandma & Grandpa’s, and reaching milestones.
A Costco opened in Grafton, about 30 minutes from here, opened at the end of August. I fell in love with it immediately. They carry our formula as well as diapers that are only 14 cents per diaper. So Jeremy and I took the trips with us after their doctor appointment. They did amazing!!! No nap and we had no crying. Jeremy pushed the double stroller and I had Alex in a carrier on me. We did get many looks. I think a few women left the store with broken necks. We got a lot of comments most were good. We only had two really bad comments: 1) Does dad help? (Are you kidding me??? He’s the one pushing the stroller) and 2) I feel sorry for you (my reply to her – no need to feel sorry, we are extremely blessed). The same lady said both comments. We had some interesting comments: I’ve never seen triplets in real life, only on TV; are they all the same (personalities); they are all very calm – are they always like that; do they all eat at the same time – how do you do that. Turned out to be a very good outing. We did manage to get out of there in a reasonable time.
The trips were scheduled to spend the night at Grandma & Grandpa’s for a trial run. Jeremy had gone out of town and I was going to have a relaxing night alone. Unfortunately things did not turn out that way (a very long story), I ended up at my parents as well. But my mom was able to see what the routine was like and they got use to being there.
The kids have been reaching some milestones. All smile, laugh and giggle. Zach has found his feet and he LOVES them!!!! All can sit with support as well as stand. All can roll from tummy to back. Liz and Zach are able to roll from back to tummy. Everybody loves to talk in both soft and loud voices. They love their exersaucers and play with toys well – grasping, reaching, switching hands and banging them on things. We are extremely happy with their progress. We work with them everyday to help them develop these skills.

I will post pictures on another post that I would like to get out right away but I am not promising anything. We had issues with our digital camera and have finally got a new one. We were going thru film pretty fast. So there will be pictures posted.

Jeremy and I are doing well. We have a great routine that gives us some "us" time. Jeremy had a weekend away which he got to take the bike. He also brewed some beer last weekend. He has been pretty busy at work so he is staying out of trouble.

We will be either posting or adding another feature on the side. We have been asked a lot of what we still need. So we will make a wish list so you can all see. Everything we have received or do receive are very much appreciated.

I am going to end here. The kids are waking from their nap as it is 2:45pm. Please keep an eye out for the pictures. Again I am sorry it has taken so long to get this on here. For all of the daily blog checkers, I will try to do better in the future.

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen and Jeremy,
It is so wonderful to hear of all the great things happening with the trips!! We look forward to the updates and pictures! You are such amazing people and have amazing strength. It's great to hear that everyone is doing so well!
Love,
Denise Jeremy Brenna and Delaney