*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, October 8, 2007

Another update

Hello everyone - I know you are all waiting for the pictures, which I will hopefully get to later today. But first a quick update.

Liz has been seen by a physical therapist since she was discharged from the NICU. Well as of last week Thursday she has been officially discharged. Yippy!!!! Liz was examined by a local physical therapist a few months ago to see if she qualified for the Birth to 3 program, which she did not qualify. But that therapist is willing to see her on a monthly basis to make she she continues to progress. Liz just took a class with this therapist and we met a mom with twins. She is also going to be a stay at home mom, so we exchanged emails.

Many of you may already know, but the kids ended up with their first illness a few weeks ago. We were luck that is was just some congestion, runny noses and occassional coughing. We knew that they were going to get sick, but still dreaded it. Alex got it first and then it moved to the other two and then to me, of course. They did ok but sleeping at night was most difficult. I was up quite often trying to get them back to sleep. But we made it through it. Unfortunately we were healthy for a very short period and it started all over again. They are currently sick. Same thing but a little worse. Liz also has a cough that I am watching. We had an awful night on Thursday. They went down good but once they started having trouble breathing they all woke up. We tried various methods to get them back to sleep. Unfortunately, Alex and I ended up sleeping in the rocker downstairs. He had himself quite upset, but he was sooooo tired. But it has gotten better since that night. Again I am sick, which makes it tough to care for them and care for myself, but you do what you gotta do.

This weekend was my first time away from the kids. Jeremy and I went to the annual beer fest in Madison that we have gone to for the past few years. Grandma and Grandpa got to babysit the kids. I must say it was fine for me. Jeremy has already had to deal with being away from them for more than 24 hours, so he did fine with it. It was very nice to get away. Since it was beautiful outside we took the bike. It was a great ride!! We had a great time relaxing. I only called twice to see how they were doing. I think I did great being away. As bad as it sounds, it was nice to get some time away. We were away from them for about 27 hours. My longest time away prior to this was 5 hours. They did great at my parents; did not wake them too much. I was happy to see them when we got back. We got some great big smiles!!! :)

Well I think that is it for updates. Trying to stay on top of this. Next week they go for their 6 month (adjusted age) check-up at the NICU, so we are looking forward to seeing the nurses that cared for them. So I will try to get an update out after that. The pictures will be put on next.

Take care.
Love, Jen

No comments: