*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Did you know???

Did you know that three years ago Brittany Spears shaved her head and Anna Nicole Smith died!!! Something that I will always know. Why? Well when you are stuck in a hospital bed with limited channels you are forced to watch things over and over again especially on late night tv. Three years ago today (it was a Friday) I was admitted to Labor & Delivery. It all started the night before, with having some strange symptoms. At this point I was no longer climbing the stairs at home and sleeping downstairs by myself. My comfort level was pretty low. I had worked earlier in the week, but was sent home early on those days. I was planning on going into work to tell my boss and co-workers that my last day would be Saturday. Little did I know that I would be calling them to tell them that I was going to the hospital. That Friday was very long for us...constant monitoring. It took all day to finally see our Perinatologist. She admitted me to the Antepartum unit to get the steriod shots and would be released Sunday if all went well. I was happy to hear that considering I threw together my bag as well as quickly said goodbye to my four-legged kids with all intentions of coming home. Sunday turned out to be bad...I went into pre-term labor (which they believe I was in Thursday night, but it had stopped). They started me on Mag and told me I bought myself a ticket to stay for the duration of the pregnancy. I bawled! The week ahead was rough. They got the pre-term labor to stop and took me off of the Mag, but it started up again. They put me back on Mag. Jeremy was being run ragged. He would go to work, stop at home to take care of the dogs and then come see me. There were worries about something happening and him not being able to get to the hospital in time. In order to keep us both sane we decided to have him visit every other day unless something was happening. He visited on the 13th so we celebrated Valentine's day then. He then visited on the 15th...who knew that day was going t be the longest day of our lives...literally! There are so many memories from that week three years ago. I had wonderful nurses, had ups and downs all week, did not get much rest and more. But all of it worth it in the end! And the movie goes on....
Here is the last picture of my belly...this was at my baby shower that was 20 days prior to being admitted to the hospital...

No comments: