*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Opening Weekend

We were very lucky this year to have Auntie Jackie come stay with us opening weekend of deer hunting. As you may or may not know, Jeremy is a deer hunter. He would love to bow hunt but has not gotten the time to do so, but he does take advantage of the gun season. This does leave me a widow and has since we started dating. Before kids it was a lot longer and right before kids he got called home from deer hunting due to the timing of our fertility shots and such. Since the kids were babies he has gone for at least the opening weekend. I try to give him as much time as possible as it is not only deer hunting but time with his dad. It is a bonding time that I hope one day he shares with our kids as well (I see a vacation in mommy's future...yea so it may be a few years off yet, but one has to dream right..lol). With the kids being at the stage they are I was so happy to have my sister around for a few days out of Jeremy's time away. Jeremy left for work on Friday morning and was planning on being back some time Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Auntie Jackie got here late Thursday night, so she was here first thing when the kids got up. They loved seeing her...and her animals!
Friday afternoon Lexi was here for a little bit, so Jackie and I did a project with the kids. We made hand turkeys. The kids loved it and we very patient with us.
The girls...
The boys...
Auntie Jackie giving a helping hand to Zach...no pun intended...
Liz putting the finishing feet on her turkeys...
Lexi putting black everywhere...
Zach contemplating his next stroke...
Alex working on giving his turkeys feet...
I think the kids liked playing with Jackie before bedtime and I think Jackie liked playing with them as well.
We did do some playing outside...blowing bubbles and playing in the playyard. Here Auntie Jackie gives Liz a push on the swing.
The main attraction of course was the animals. The kids took every chance they could to pet the bunny and kitties. They helped whenever needed. Here is Liz with Sal. I see a bunny in our future...
and Alex...
and Zach.
Zach petting Libby...
Alex petting Inky...
The munchkins with their Auntie Jackie...
Thank you Jackie for coming and staying with us. Your help was greatly appreciated! Look forward to the next time. We missed you as soon as you left. Love you lots!
Love, Jen

No comments: