*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, September 5, 2008

It is DONE!!! (no pictures...sorry)

After 13 days while watching three kids & dealing with unforeseen problems....I am happy to announce that Liz's room is complete! I have a few little things to handle yet but I am officially calling it done. All big things are completed. We are planning on moving Liz in on Monday night. With going out of town this weekend we did not want to have a rough night prior to leaving so we will wait. We have to take the crib apart in order to move it so it is a little more complicated then just rolling it down the hall....lol!
I cannot believe it is finished and how it looks. It is very weird to see the ideas that were in my head actually work in real life! It felt amazing to be able to pour myself into this for my only daughter. I know she does not know the effort that went into it, but some day she will, which is fine with me. I could not have asked for it to turn out any better.
I owe a HUGE thanks to my mom, my sister, Jean, and my sister, Jackie, for their helping hands. I did not want other people to put their lives on hold to help me, but these gals made extra time in their schedules to help. It would not be done today without their help.
It is amazing how you can redo a room for little money. With re-using things no longer used by family members, shopping clearance and shopping resale shops as well as rummage sale, I was able to work with a small budget.
I am happy to finish the work but still dreading separating the kids. I know it is best to do it now (as I am listening to them not napping in their cribs). No matter when we do it - whether it be now or when they leave for different colleges - it is hard. I hated when they were split in the NICU. I know their bond is much deeper than sharing sleeping space...it gets more noticable everyday. I know they will forever be connected...ok enough sappy stuff as it gets tough to type crying!!!
So next is the rummage sale, which I am almost ready for - just a little pricing needs to be done. So what will be the big project after that??? Well the boys need a "boys" room...not a nursery. Their room will be MUCH easier but needs to be done faster as they will have to sleep in it through re-construction. A little paint, re-organizing the furniture and new decor...ta da...new room for them.
So enough babbling for now. Pictures will be posted on later tonight.

No comments: