*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, September 8, 2008

Drum roll please...here it is!!!

I will keep my writing short so you can get to what you really want to see...the pictures! :) After a morning of some serious coloring and finger painting, I am finally getting to posting the pictures. Here you go...

BEFORE...
AFTER...
BEFORE...
AFTER...
BEFORE...
AFTER...



So to explain what I was trying to achieve...my initial idea was to paint it to look like a room in a doll house. The ceiling has slants so I thought it would work to make it look like a roof. Thanks to a helpful hint from my sister, Jean, there are scallops that make it look like a real roof. Color scheme was all girl...as much purple and pink (hey she is my only girl and I only get to do this once before she decides what she wants her room to look like) I could find! :) The first thing I bought for the room was a flower stamp which I was going to stamp on the dresser and white table, but an additional theme developed after buying the curtain rods....butterflies. My mom found a butterfly stamp which I used instead. Some ideas became bigger ideas as I worked and others fell off as they no longer "fit" with the room. One of the blossoming ideas was a special project I did in the closet. The closet was going to have no work done to it but it turn into something a lot better.
AND my special project...


At first I was going to leave the walls white as they were, but then decided after the rest of the room was painted that it needed something more...so it got painted purple....then it came to me that I could make it something special for my little girl...so I stamped the butterflies in it...as I was stamping I had to figure out what number would be good...I stopped at 33 (three's seem to have a place in our family, if ya know what I mean)...but with stopping there I had a patch of purple left over...so as my mind continues to run ideas I cam up with putting a quote...then a quote that had to deal with the theme...and then it it me like a ton of bricks..."You are as beautiful as a butterfly"...I free handed it and left our mark..."Love, mommy & daddy"...to me the closet was perfect much better then leaving it white!
She officially moved into her room yesterday. She laid down on the floor after getting in as if to say this is all mine! She was quite excited for the first nap but after a while she did finally fall asleep, there was no sleeping at the afternoon nap, but she slept through the night. So I think she is dealing well with the change (better then mommy) as are the boys.
So I apologize for it taking so long to get the pictures up. I hope you enjoyed seeing them. Feel free to let me know what you think.
Love, Jen

3 comments:

WorkingMom said...

It is GREAT!! Who knew your were so crafty! I LOVE it. What a neat touch in the closet...something I bet she will always keep...even when she wants to turn it into a NKOB room full of Joey McIntyre posters :) Ok I digress to our own childhood! Job well done!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!! Good Job- I am going to come by for your rummage on Friday!! See you then-Love ya! Teri S

Anonymous said...

Very well put together and just think you can admire what a good job ya'll did whenever you want! I really like the artwork in the closet and the quote..very endearing. SINCERELY, Sara S