*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First field trip to.....

So we have had just about enough of being housebound. We are ready to get out and see the world. So where is the most obvious first place to go......well the grocery store. I needed to get groceries and decided it was time to try taking the kids in public. I am still working on being brave enough to do it on my own, so this time Grandma gave me a helping hand. After the kids ate lunch we packed them up and headed out. It was sunny and very windy, but it did not seem to bother the kids. Grandma needed to go to the post office first so I sat singing to the kids while she ran into the post office, then it was off to the grocery store. We unloaded them into a cart that was outside and headed in. I grabbed a cart to put the groceries in. First a stop at the bank, with only a few stares and a couple comments. Right away we saw Great Uncle John, he stopped to say hi. For the most part the store was pretty slow. Grandma pushed the cart with the kids and I grabbed the food and pushed that cart. As we cruised up and down the aisle, the kids tried to take everything in, great stimulation for these guys. I saw a couple people almost break their necks to turn and looks at us. A few people stopped to talk and ask us questions. All the comments or questions we got were nice. The last area we were in was the frozen department and there was a container of bouncing ball...so after careful selection we put one in the cart. The kids were so well behaved, they deserve a little treat. So we went thru the checkout lane and the checker and 2 baggers were very talkative with us. So all in all it was a great experience AND we did it in an hour!!! It sometimes takes me over an hour by myself! The biggest thing I worried about was them having a meltdown, but I was less worried after reading a post on my triplet forum and a fellow triplet mom making the point that you are not in the library you are at the grocery store...let 'em make noise! So onto the next adventure.....who knows what it will be. :)
Love, Jen

No comments: