*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Monday, April 2, 2007

Update for 03/27/07 through 04/02/07

Here is the update for the last week.

Tuesday March 27, 2007
Today I did not make it to the hospital due to trying to get things done around the house. We did have an exciting thing happen today......Zach got taken off of his cannula. So we will finally be able to see his face without equipment being attached.

Zach's 1st picture w/o the cannula:

Wednesday March 28, 2007
Today there was not much new. We did get to see Zach without the cannula for the first time (see picture above). The boys feedings have been increased again and everyone is working on nippling.

Thursday March 29, 2007
Today I went to the hospital for the afternoon. It was a busy day. For the first time of probably many, I got the kids mixed up. What kind of mother am I??? I gave Alex a bath today and then realized as I was holding him that it was Liz's turn for a bath. So after I was done with Alex I gave Liz a bath. The doctor put an order in for the speech therapist to come see the kids regarding their nippling attempts. So I met her while I was there. Alex was seen by her prior to me getting to the hospital. All three will be seen tomorrow. She believes that as much as we want them to nipple that they will do it on their time. I then met with the lactation consultant for breast feeding Zach. He did a great job!!! By the time I left everyone was resting comfortably(see pictures below).

Alex sleeping in the warm sun:
Liz sleeping:
Zach all snuggled up:
Friday March 30, 2007
Tonight I gave Zach a bath since Alex was done yesterday and we are not planning on being at the hospital on Saturday when he is officially due for a bath. I also got a chance to breast feed Liz with some success. She was supplemented afterward with a bottle, which I got to feed her. It was a learning experience since they are just learning all the steps to drinking out of a bottle. The did good with the speech therapist today. They will continue to be worked with. Also as a surprise to Jeremy, we were both holding the boys so I decided to give Alex to him and get a picture of the boys. I think he liked it, just a little:)
Daddy and his boys:
Mommy feeding Liz with bottle for 1st time:
Saturday March 31, 2007
Today we did not go to the hospital. All are doing well. We did find out that all have had their hearing test done and they were all normal. They also had their eyes checked on Wednesday and they are still developing normally. All are gaining weight and tolerating their feedings. We have another five-pounder, Liz.
Sunday April 1, 2007 (April Fools Day)
Today prior to going to the hospital we tried putting all the car seats in the truck. They DID fit, which is very good. It also looks like we will be able to fit them in the car, but we did not try all of them. Daddy got to feed Zach today with the bottle. Zach finished the whole thing!!! Here are the kids stats for today:
Alexander (Alex): 5#12oz.; 19 3/4"
Elizabeth (Liz): 5#1.8oz.; 18 1/2"
Zachary (Zach): 4#7.8oz.; 18"
All are looking great!!!!
Daddy feeding Zach:
A very full ride:
Monday April 2, 2007
Today we took our CPR class which is required for getting the kids released. After class we spent the rest of the afternoon at the hospital. Today Daddy got to feed Alex by bottle. Both did very well. I breast fed Zach and gave Liz her bath. The boys are starting to do a little better with nippling. Liz is taking her time on nippling and moving forward. Her oxygen levels were down today which was nice to see.
Daddy feeding Alex with bottle for 1st time:
Zach out cold after a good breast feeding attempt:

A short note

Jeremy and I have discussed that we are starting to forget how small the kids were at first, but we are reminded quickly of their size - see picture below.

Zach's hand on Mommy's hand:

A funny

So I know why people who have gone through this experience have written many books. I think I may be able to do so myself. It will be called...You Know When You Have Been in the NICU Too Long When......

The NICU's sink and paper towel dispensers are automated. So I was at home and went to the sink to wet a paper towel and was waiting for it to turn on by itself. Oops:)

Well I will end this here. Stay tuned for further updates.

Take Care, Jen

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh how exciting! The babies are are so beautiful. And I know how easy it is to forget just how small they were. And yes Daddy looks so happy with two babies.. . .can you imagine him with all three! I dont know if you two truly realize just how much we appreciate and anticipate the pictures and updates. They sure have grown. Thanks for letting us be a part of that. Love to all. Aunt Elaine

Elaine said...

Happy Easter Little Ones. XXXOOO,Great Aunt Elaine

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jen & Jeremy! What a blessing to see things going so well with your babies. Computers sure let families stay in touch. Happy Easter!
Cindy, Jim, Emma & Joe Feuling