*****SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION*****

I am working on updating the blog...design, colors, layout, gadgets and more. Please bear with me as I do this. Check often to see the updates! Thanks, Jen :)

Friday, May 25, 2007

Quick Update

Hello everyone. I have a free moment so I thought I would put a post on to let everyone know how it is going.

We have survived the first sickness in the house. Jeremy caught a cold and was pretty sick. Amazingly, neither the kids or I got sick. Jeremy tried to limit his time with the kids and contact with me. Unfortunately with his limited time with the kids left more for me to do. Jeremy is better now, so things are back to normal, well as normal gets in our house.

The kids are doing good. On Monday they were weighed by the home nurse, Alice. Alex weighed 8#15oz.; Liz weighed 7#12.5oz.; Zach weighed 7#11.5oz. All are eating great. Alex has been getting rice cereal added to his milk due to his great appetite. Today we started Zach on rice cereal. Unfortunately between the rice cereal and medication Alex has been dealing with constipation, which is a major to-do for him. All are still dealing with acid reflux. Liz is the one least affected by it. She does have medication which does help. Alex is on his second medication to help and this med is finally working. Zach is also on his second med but still seems very irritated, so we are adjusting meds to help him.

The kids are reaching milestones, which is very exciting for us. They are all getting very close to smiling real smiles as well as getting ready to coo. We are both very anxious for this to happen. Today Alex rolled onto his back after I put him on his belly. Both the boys slept through the night last night. The finally settled down at 1am and woke up at 8:45am. Liz is sleeping longer at night but still not all the way through. I just don't know what to do with all the extra sleep!!! :)

My days seem to be going better. The kids are getting into a routine which helps me get things done. I still have help some days. I thank everyone who has helped without it I would have been lost. We feel we have made it through the worse part and are on a up-slope. Trust me we still have some bad moments but we will have that for the next 18 years or so. We had our first official time away from the kids this last Sunday. Nope we did not go see a movie or go out to eat, we went to baptism class for 2 1/2 hours. Grandpa, Grandma and Auntie Jean watched the kids. All went well. This weekend we will have a real outing. My cousin is getting married on Saturday. Nana and Papa will be watching them this time.

This week I picked up a single and a double stroller so my mom or someone else and I can take walks with the kids. We have a triple stroller as well but it would be nice to have help pushing the kids. With the weather getting warmer, I am itching to get outside. Actually any outing is nice!! :)

Well I will try to get some pictures put on here soon. Since I started this in the late morning and it is now 5pm, I am going to get this posted before it is midnight.

Jen

2 comments:

Elaine said...

We know your house is a busy one but we sure enjoy the updates! What must seem like just part of your day is so exciting for us to hear. Great Grandma Dorothy just waits for the pictures and updates. She carries her little brag book around and shows it to everyone...we find her looking at their pictures all the time. Just wanted you to know that we really do appreciate the time it takes out of your busy schedule to keep us informed.
Love to all, Aunt Elaine

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to read how well the kids are doing. Reflux is the WORST and I hope they all outgrow it soon.

The Wondra's